1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Spray a Pyrex® Irresistible Glass Roaster with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add the butternut squash and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes until the squash is soft. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the squash and garlic to a blender or food processor.
3. Add the macaroni to the pot of boiling water and cook for three minutes less than specified by the package instructions, adding the cauliflower and broccoli for the last 3-4 minutes. Drain very well and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, add 120ml of the vegetable stock to the squash along with a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Whizz until smooth and creamy.
5. In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir to combine. Set aside.
6. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for two minutes, stirring.
7. Gradually whisk in the remaining 230ml of stock, followed by the milk. Still
whisking, bring the sauce to a boil. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for five minutes until thickened, whisking often.
8. Remove from the heat and whisk in the squash purée, paprika, thyme, Gruyère and Cheddar. Season to taste.
9. Add the pasta and vegetable mixture to the prepared Glass Roaster. Pour over the sauce and stir gently to combine. Scatter the panko breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Allow to rest for five minutes, then serve directly to the table in the Pyrex® Irresistible Glass Roaster.
Do you want to remove all items from the cart?